routing configuration

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
robq1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

routing configuration

Post by robq1 »

Hi, just bought an 828mk3 firewire and although I've read the manual and watched the videos I'm still having a little trouble so big apologies if I'm being an idiot.
My problem is this:
I'm using a pair of Apogee rosetta 800's in stand alone mode as my main 16 channel i/o, and the 828 mainly as a way of getting the Apogee audio in and out of the mac via the ADATs, but the extra i/o may be used occasionally.
Channel 1 on my analogue desk is hard wired to channel 1 on the apogee, which comes up as ADAT A1 on the 828 which shows up in Logic Pro X as input 17. My previous audio interface allowed me to route ADAT A1 to show up as input 1 in Logic, is there a way of doing this with the MOTU......?
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: routing configuration

Post by bayswater »

I haven't noticed any way to do this in Logic. It appears to keep the channels listed in physical order, and unlike most other DAWs, doesn't have a place to create a customized internal view, although there might be a way to do it in the Environment window. Between the MOTU Audio Setup application, and I/O labels in Logic, you can at least label the inputs so they make some sense.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8