!HELP! - HDX-SDI Thunderbolt & Yosemite ???

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
theredroom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

!HELP! - HDX-SDI Thunderbolt & Yosemite ???

Post by theredroom »

Hi All -

Your help would be very much appreciated. Just bought a HDX-SDI for use on a new 27" iMac via Thunderbolt. Mac is running Yosemite 10.10.2 - I'm not having ANY luck getting Premier Pro (or anything for that fact) to recognize the Motu HDX-SDI.

Thoughts? Help? Return it?

Are other Motu boxes running on Thunderbolt over Yosemite?

Many thanks!

-TRR
mikehalloran

Re: !HELP! - HDX-SDI Thunderbolt & Yosemite ???

Post by mikehalloran »

"The HDX-SDI connects to a Mac or Windows tower via the included PCI Express card, but it is also available with an ExpressCard adapter for laptops."
Unless MOTU has a way to connect this to your iMac that isn't listed, it will not work except as they say.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
theredroom

Post by theredroom »

Sorry If I didn't state the question correctly.

The HDX-SDI connects via Thunderbolt... It's a Thunderbolt interface, the PCI Express Version is a different configuration.

I'm trying to get the Thunderbolt version to work as advertised... Any thoughts?

HDX-SDI with Thunderbolt technology
http://www.motu.com/video-products/hdx-sdi-thunderbolt

It does connect to the iMac via a Thunderbolt cable, that part is easy. Having drivers and software that work on OSX 10.10.2 seems to be a larger issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPTAL6vLctE

mikehalloran wrote:
"The HDX-SDI connects to a Mac or Windows tower via the included PCI Express card, but it is also available with an ExpressCard adapter for laptops."
Unless MOTU has a way to connect this to your iMac that isn't listed, it will not work except as they say.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Ahhh... I didn't know that existed.

Perhaps the clue is here:

By using a codec directly supported by your editing software, you eliminate unnecessary extra stages of compression and decompression for maximum CPU efficiency and smooth editing.

So if your codec isn't the issue...

It looks to me that placing a support call to MOTU would be the prudent thing.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Playa

Post by Playa »

From my knowledge the MOTU video drivers do not support Yosemite (as of yet). I would check their website with further information of when those drivers may be released. Also I would take a look at this link for conformation:

http://www.motu.com/download

Notice that the MOTU Video Drivers state,"Supports Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9"