Cuemix FX not responding... HELP!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Andreasonica
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Cuemix FX not responding... HELP!

Post by Andreasonica »

Hi everyone!
This problem is giving me headaches!

I have an Ultralite mk3 and I can't use anymore Cuemix FX, I don't know why!
Every time I launch the app it starts in not responding status, with the colored spin ball... I've uninstalled and re-installed everything (manually removing kexts and preferences and other stuff) three time but nothing. I'm using the last update from MOTU site and it worked till today :banghead:

Also, I'm experiencing this problem only on my Desktop (Mac mini 6,2 i7 2.6 GHz), it works perfectly on my laptop (Macbook Pro 9,2 i5 2.5 GHz).

I really don't know what to do... Please Help me!!!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cuemix FX not responding... HELP!

Post by mikehalloran »

OK. Your interface is connected and detected in both MOTU Audio Setup.app and Audio MIDI Setup.app, right?

Start Console in your Utilities Folder. This should tell you if a) a library is trying to load but can't or b) if something is trying to load that shouldn't.

The lines can be expanded if necessary. Everything in Console is time stamped so be looking as you attempt to start CueMix.

If it's not obvious, you can copy the lines (expand them first) and paste them into a Tech Link at MOTU.com support.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Andreasonica

Post by Andreasonica »

Yes it's detected and works normally!
I'm going to try your hint this evening, opening Console to find out what's happening...
It's strange because I've also tried to modify parameters on the hardware (for example MUTE ON/OFF, PAN, FADERS) and each time I launched CueMix FX it showed those changes but always freeze after half a second.

Never had this problem before and I think I haven't done strange things on the computer the days before.
Andreasonica

Post by Andreasonica »

mikehalloran wrote:OK. Your interface is connected and detected in both MOTU Audio Setup.app and Audio MIDI Setup.app, right?

Start Console in your Utilities Folder. This should tell you if a) a library is trying to load but can't or b) if something is trying to load that shouldn't.

The lines can be expanded if necessary. Everything in Console is time stamped so be looking as you attempt to start CueMix.

If it's not obvious, you can copy the lines (expand them first) and paste them into a Tech Link at MOTU.com support.
Console report sent to MOTU.com... I'll wait a reply from them...
Are you familiar with this kind of report? Can I send it to you in a PM? I've tried to past it here but too much characters for the forum message