Yosemite PCI-424 only displaying analog i/o choices

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
b.g.
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Yosemite PCI-424 only displaying analog i/o choices

Post by b.g. »

I did a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.1. I installed DP8.07 and latest MOTU Audio and MIDI drivers. DP8 and MIDI launch fine and are normal. The problem is DP and the Audio MIDI Setup app only show Analog i/o for the 2408 and 1224--no ADAT or AES/EBU choices. In the Audio MIDI Setup app I select PCI-424, click the gear, and "configure device," but nothing happens. That virtual patch bay for turning on/off i/o does not launch.

I have another volume running a 6+ year old system that's been upgraded over the years. It too is running Yosemite, but audio is normal. DP7/8 and Audio MIDI Setup see all the analog and non-analog i/o. And in Audio MIDI Setup app I can click PCI-424 "configure device" and it works.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
mikehalloran

Re: Yosemite PCI-424 only displaying analog i/o choices

Post by mikehalloran »

Have you checked MOTU Audio Setup.app and MOTU PCI Audio Setup.app? Both are in your Applications Folder along with MOTU PCI SMTP Setup.app and MOTU SMTP Setup.app.

Then there's Apple's Audio MIDI Setup.app in the Utilities folder (also available through the Setup menu in DP) plus the Configure sub-menu under Setup.

It's been years since I had a machine that could run my 2408 but I remember that some menu somewhere had something that needed to be checked and then everything came to life.

Hope this helps.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
b.g.

Re: Yosemite PCI-424 only displaying analog i/o choices

Post by b.g. »

Mike, you're a life saver. MOTU PCI Audio Setup.app was it. Launching it brings up the PCI-424 "patchbay." And as you say, it's right there in Apps. Thank you, sir.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4