Audio Playback Issue in Quicktime using a 828 Hybrid

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Spotron
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio Playback Issue in Quicktime using a 828 Hybrid

Post by Spotron »

Anyone having an issue playing back audio in Quicktime using a 828 Hybrid? I can playback audio using any other device like the internal speakers or a Access Virus TI connected via USB, but not through the 828 Hybrid. Its a very weird issue, because I can't playback audio from soundcloud.com through Safari, but I can through other browsers.

Is there a way to totally wipe out any trace of the MOTU drivers or any files from a Mac and start with a fresh install?
mikehalloran

Re: Audio Playback Issue in Quicktime using a 828 Hybrid

Post by mikehalloran »

This is the third or fourth report of audio not playing back through a MOTU device where Safari is involved in the last few days. It's different hardware and the symptoms vary but the common denominator is that "it" works with other browsers.

Safari is buggier than hell but I don't know that is really the issue.

I will recommend asking MOTU support and posting a Tech Link at MOTU.com.

Once you get answer or resolution, please post it here. It will help others and that's the main reason we are here. It would be nice to have an answer that works.

Ahhh.. I just noticed that you are one of the others who posted.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Spotron

Re: Audio Playback Issue in Quicktime using a 828 Hybrid

Post by Spotron »

I started a Tech Link with MOTU and was told to reset the unit. I did this last night and found out something interesting, but still don't know what causes this. In my normal set up, I have the Main Out Assign set to Analog Out 1-2, not Main Out. The issue I found is that sound cloud.com is only allowing to playback audio through the Main Outs and not any other output as well with Quicktime, for me at least. There are other sites I found last night, like internet radio sites, that only would playback audio through the Mains and not any other analog output through Safari.

I am not sure what's causing this. I have responded back to MOTU about this to see if someone there has the same problem in this same set up. I wish I knew if someone had a 828 Hybrid with the same issues and if so, then it must me either Safari or the sites themselves. It's weird though.