Ultralite no audio in Waveform Editor

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
dobroer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ultralite no audio in Waveform Editor

Post by dobroer »

Hi; this is my first post to this great, informative forum, and although I've been using DP for years, I've recently acquired an Ultralite firewire interface. With my set-up for live recording with DP8 (from the Mackie user manual), I use a Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro, running three mics and one instrument into channels 1-4, then I come out of the 1-4 insert jacks into inputs 3-6 of the Ultralite, then out of the Ultralite outputs 3-6 into the remaining inputs of the Mackie mixer for the main room sound. This lets me record 4 individual tracks live while sending the mix to powered speakers. While rehearsing and recording with the same set-up, I can hear the audio from the sequencer just fine, but when I select Waveform Editor for any of the 4 channels, there is no audio. I then have to shut down the Ultralite and just use the computer to edit the piece with the Waveform Editor. I'm sure it's probably just a simple setting I'm overlooking, but being new to this interface, I just can't find it. Thank you for any help and thank you to the Motunation forum!