Controlling DP transport from Arturia Keylab88?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
corona84
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Controlling DP transport from Arturia Keylab88?

Post by corona84 »

Hello to everyone

I've been trying to solve this for a number of hours, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I have been going through the tutorials in the Getting Started guide.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to use my Arturia MIDI controller's transport controls (play/stop/record/etc.) to control DP's transport controls. This is apparently possible. I configured the controller to send MMC from the controls (according to mappings I found online) even though I´m not sure if I did it well, and in DP's MIDI Monitor window I can see that DP is getting MIDI messages of type 'CO'.

Has anyone has had success doing something like this?

I will appreciate your help very much
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Controlling DP transport from Arturia Keylab88?

Post by bayswater »

When I set up the Keylab 61 to control DP's transport, I noticed the Keylab buttons, at least some of them, transmit one MIDI message when they are pressed, and another when released. I could see this happening using the MIDI Monitor app. In some cases, releasing the key cancelled the effect of pressing it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8