Cuemix windows dissapear & re-open

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Factory1963
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Cuemix windows dissapear & re-open

Post by Factory1963 »

This is a tough one...
Cuemix and Audio setup windows will close and re-open themselves, like every 5 minutes...Have cleaned out all the software, extensions, preferences, and reinstalled. Repaired permissions, etc.... Have replaced my 828mk3 with my Track 16, swapped cables, usb and firewire. Have even changed Mac Pros!!!
The guys at Motu tech support can't figure this out, please help.
Cuemix 1.6 64254, Mac OS 10.8.5

Maybe this will help...
Console says:
12/23/14 7:38:41.801 AM mDNSResponder[42]: Client application bug PID[235](CueMix FX) : DNSServiceResolve(MOTU\032828mk3\032CueMix\032FX\032OSC\032on\032MCP\.local._osc._udp.local.) active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network.

12/23/14 7:22:41.000 AM kernel[0]: Sandbox: Mail(298) deny iokit-open com_motu_driver_FWA_UserClient
Mac Pro 5,1 - OSX 10.8.5 - 828mk3FW - Track 16 - Pro Tools 10
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cuemix windows dissapear & re-open

Post by mikehalloran »

Try a Safe Boot by holding the Shift key. This will rebuild certain caches as it starts up. Now reboot and see what Console says if you still have the problem.

This could also be a weak NV RAM (PRAM) battery. If you have a Mac Pro and it's been over three years since the C2032 battery has been changed, it's past time. A weak battery is worse than no battery in these.

Please post your hardware (as many of us do) in your signature.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
atomheart411
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Cuemix windows dissapear & re-open

Post by atomheart411 »

Old thread but I just got the same error message : Client application bug: DNSServiceResolve(MOTU\032828x\032CueMix\032FX\032OSC\032on\032TomRollison-PC._osc._udp.local.) active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network

This seems to be related to another problem I've been having which happened again just 30 minutes after this message was logged. The screen goes black. I thought I was having a problem with my gpu but this time just before the black screen all my usb devices powered down. I checked and found only two out of ten usb ports would light up the mouse laser but still no curser movement. Before this time when the screen went black I would do a reset and it would take some time but eventually the screen would come back. This time the computer reset itself after two minutes.Perhaps because I had just installed new chipset drivers for the gpu? I don't know. I don't even know if ANY of this is directly related to the error message. I only found the error message because I went looking in the event logs for something about the reset event and this was right next to it.

It's the line about "considerable burden on the network" that caught my eye. I just tried the shift key reboot and now the computer doesn't even see the 828x. I had written in here just a couple of days ago about a strange signal present on the unit. Analog channel 7 has been showing a strong signal with no input or routing, both in Cuemix and on the unit led meters. Now the signal has changed. Just before the crash I did have cuemix open and for the first time in quite a while the signal wasn't there. But a quick glance at the unit showed it was still there, but lower. Just two led lit instead of the usual three (yellow). Then the crash. Sorry for all the info but I just don't know what's related and what's not.Why does Cuemix even need DNS resolution? I thought it was just for networking. My 828x is connected directly to this computer via thunderbolt. Obviously I'm not a computer tech.

Custom build computer with Intel Core i7-3770k 3.5gh cpu on an Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt Mobo , Windows 7x64 Pro, Ableton Live 8.4.1, Motu 828x