Mac OS error

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
area51recording
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mac OS error

Post by area51recording »

Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes....I'm using DP 6.0 (I know, I know) on a Mac Pro that I've recently installed OSX 10.6.8 on. All has been well for several months, and then about a week ago I attempted to open a DP file that I use for piano practice. There is no audio in this file, just 1 instance of Ivory, along with a track record enabled that I have a mic running into for vocal practice (828 mk 3). When I try to open the file I get a message about Mac OS error -39, unexpected end of file. No biggie, as I said there's no audio in this file, so I chuck it in the trash. I open a new DP file and set it up the way I want it, and go back to practicing. THIS file works for a couple of days, and then today I get the same error message and the file won't open. So any idea what is going on, and why the file works perfectly well for several days before it becomes unusable? DP has been dead solid on this system forever by the way.... Thanks!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mac OS error

Post by mikehalloran »

-39 can means many things. This was put to bed with DP 7.24 but may still occur if you created a file on one drive and move it to another that you don't have full privileges or is not formated correctly.

If everything isn't on the same drive, try that first.

If you just updated to 10.6, are your other drives formatted correctly? This can indicate a potential drive problem, too. That it worked for a few days before giving you grief indicates that.

If you regularly use disk maintenance utilities (Onyx et all), stop for awhile. You may be creating the problem.

There are some potential DP issues and solutions. These links may help.
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... t=Error+39
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro