Digital Performer not finding Soft Synths and Plugins

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
bpsound
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Digital Performer not finding Soft Synths and Plugins

Post by bpsound »

I'm very new to DP so please forgive me if I'm not using the correct terminology but I could do with some advice.
I am running DP8 and all was working well until the external hard drive containing all my soft synths and plugin media etc failed. I have a back up drive containing all the media in a folder but when I try to load anything in DP, I get a message saying that instrument is missing. DP will load the Ivory piano screen for example but not the media associated with it.
I guess I need to tell DP to look for the media folder on the new drive instead of the failed one, but can't see how to do this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Brian
Michael Canavan

Re: Digital Performer not finding Soft Synths and Plugins

Post by Michael Canavan »

In the case of Ivory that would be in the software itself. it's basically a sampler, so it should have some preference for where to point it at for it's sample library. This holds true for any sampler; in Kontakt and MachFive 3 you can set search folders for their libraries.

When it comes to soft synths, they should be in the Components or VST folders in the Plug ins folder. root /Library/Audio/Plug-ins
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mikehalloran

Re: Digital Performer not finding Soft Synths and Plugins

Post by mikehalloran »

Reinstall DP 8. Sometimes the paths get corrupted and this will restore them. There is no uninstaller DP 8 installs over itself.

You may also have to trash DP preferences to force DP to navigate but usually not. Rerun the installer first.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro