USB 3 and MIDI - not working

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
joelmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

USB 3 and MIDI - not working

Post by joelmusic »

Hello - I have a problem with MIDI through my new iMac & USB 3 through either my MTPAV or MIDI Express. Stuck notes and rogue notes. MOTU says that it's a known issue and they are working on resolving. I have been in contact with high-level Apple folks and after trying the usual USB 2 hub (powered and non-powered) and USB 3 hub (powered) with NO results (so frustrating) they have finally just put the onus on the 3rd party developers. I'm hoping it's a MOTU thing - so I'm looking for ANY MIDI interface that lists as USB 3 compatible. Anyone know of one? Apple says if I use Logic (Apple), a USB 3 interface and keyboard, that notes won't stick. But they WON'T tell me what they used to successfully test this, which leads me to believe that they are saying this in theory, and have not actually tested it. I'm at my wit's end - any tips from anyone would be most welcome - thanks.
Mac Studio Max - 32GB Ram, Komplete Kontrol S88, Komplete 13, DP11, UAD Apollo Twin Duo, East/West Composer Cloud, Vienna, Arturia V8, Yamaha Enspire Pro Disklavier Piano