original ultralite not showing in audio settings

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
aliisvorbach
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

original ultralite not showing in audio settings

Post by aliisvorbach »

hello everyone,
seems that long ago i was asking similar questions and its all happening again. recently my cuemix consol has failed to open so it seems to me my mac is not seeing my ultralite or there has been a driver update i might be unaware of. the firewire cable must be ok since i did a firmware update to vers 1.15 but still cant seem to get cuemix to find/see ultralite and it does not show in the device dialog box as an audio interface option. can some wise person offer a clue to remedy. hell looking at the motu site at the driver page is almost more confusing since im really not sure what version drivers i should be running. my ultralite is one of the early/original models so im not sure it will work with the mk3 drivers. i have recently just installed driver version 1.6.59644 and tried 1.6.60625 but no luck so far. im also thinking i might have had to do some incremental updates rather than jumping straight to this version. Im just theorising till someone can offer better wisdom. the motu help (aka tech support) is a ckuffing joke!! They(tech support if one can call it by that name) acknowledged my query to them some weeks ago but still havnt responded!!!! so im hoping I get some more/better help or advice on this forum. please help....thanks. Cheers.