828 Mkii hangs up when started

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
echopet
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828 Mkii hangs up when started

Post by echopet »

hi there,

I have a MOTU 828 mk2 ver 1.01 which recently has been playing up. about 8/10 it hangs on the <MOTU 828USB> page the 2/10 times it starts all appears to be well until i change audio settings in my MAc OSX (10.6.8) or in Ableton 8.

the problem appeared out of the blue and appears unrelated to upgrading of Mac or Ableton although it might have someting to do with updating MOTU drivers?

I have tried reseting as well as the the unplugging and flicking the voltage selector.

Can anyone help or should I consign the item to a 'sold as seen' on eBay?
mikehalloran

Re: 828 Mkii hangs up when started

Post by mikehalloran »

This is a well known sign that it's time to get it repaired or replaced - many threads on this. The newest mkII, if you bought a close-out (as I did), is nearly 8 years old - all others are even older.

MOTU has a turn-key replacement-exchange program for these. It might be easier to sell a working unit if you want to upgrade to a mkIII Hybrid (FW & usb) or X (TB & usb - otherwise the same as the III Hybrid).
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
echopet

Re: 828 Mkii hangs up when started

Post by echopet »

thought as much - never mind! thanks for reply.