(Audio Express) No sound on Mix 1 Return

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
RZomerman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

(Audio Express) No sound on Mix 1 Return

Post by RZomerman »

Hi

I installed my Audio Express today on my iMac (10.9) through USB.. sounds play through the device, but I cannot seem to get any audio on the mix 1 return channels.. everything is just deadly quiet..

In Motu Audio setup, I've selected Mix 1 Return 1-2 as the default stereo input and in Audio/MIDI settings in MacOS I can select the Mix 1 Return channel, but cannot move any of the sliders.. :(

In Maschine, I've selected the Motu as the default audio device and mapped Mix 1 Return 1 - 2 to input 4.. but sounds from the browser still play through the external speakers (Motu) but no return.. Help!?
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: (Audio Express) No sound on Mix 1 Return

Post by 4stripes »

Page 38 http://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/firewi ... de_Mac.pdf

Return is a source, not a destination. You need to send audio to the main bus if you want to hear the return, because the return is just a duplicate of whatever goes to the main bus. So your post needs to describe how you route your outputs, not your inputs to be helpful.

Mix1 Return 1-2 bus
In Digital Performer’s audio input menus and the
Bundles window, you’ll see an Audio Express input
pair called Mix1 Return 1-2 (Figure 7-2). This is a
stereo feed from the Audio Express that matches its
main outs (Mix 1). This can be used, for example,
to record a final stereo mix for reference and
archiving purposes.
RZomerman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: (Audio Express) No sound on Mix 1 Return

Post by RZomerman »

Through the Motu helpdesk.. found it..

Open CueFx.. and on the File Menu.. select, "Mix 1 Return Includes Computer Output"

And that did the trick :)