Audio drop outs playback and recording DP7 DP8

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
jeffreypeterwest
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio drop outs playback and recording DP7 DP8

Post by jeffreypeterwest »

Hi there, in the last few months my Mac Pro DP8.06 is struggling with audio playback, even on small projects. Opened DP7 and looked at the audio performance window (did that disappear in DP8) and the CPU is fine.
Any ideas on tracking down the issue?
Jeff
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Audio drop outs playback and recording DP7 DP8

Post by NazRat »

Re: the Audio Performance window in DP8 - it is not missing. What is probably happening is it is docked to the Control Panel and you do not have enough screen real estate for it to show on the far right. In Preferences -> Control Panel, undock/deselect it and it will open in the sidebar or standalone depending on how you have it configured in the Consolidated Window preferences.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

jeffreypeterwest wrote:Hi there, in the last few months my Mac Pro DP8.06 is struggling with audio playback, even on small projects. Opened DP7 and looked at the audio performance window (did that disappear in DP8) and the CPU is fine.
Any ideas on tracking down the issue?
Jeff
What's your buffer size on playback?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
jeffreypeterwest

Post by jeffreypeterwest »

Hello - I have obtained another 828 from eBay and plugged it in. My Mac is not picking it up, hence not launching MOTU Audio Setup. I switch back to the old one with the fireWire cable and it gets seen. Is there any hardware switch i'm missing as to why this could be? System Profiler does not seem to see the new one either…
thanks