Ultralite mk1 + SPDIF input + Motorola DCH3416

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
readyfreddy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ultralite mk1 + SPDIF input + Motorola DCH3416

Post by readyfreddy »

I am attempting to hook up an S/PDIF audio output from a Motorola DCH3416 DVR to the S/PDIF input on an Ultralite mk1. As soon as I connect the cable, I hear a digital clicking noise. I assumed that maybe I had mismatched clocks. I've researched the Motorola device and the documentation doesn't tell what the clock rate is, so I made all of my adjustments on the MOTU end of the chain.

I've tried every kHz setting. 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz both make the clicking sound. 88.2 and 96 kHz silence the clicking. No DVR audio is present on any setting.

I've also tried changing the clock source to both Internal and S/PDIF in MOTU Audio Setup with no difference in results. I'm using a Mac with 10.9.3 on it. All MOTU software is up to date. I've used the same digital input successfully before with a Lexicon MX200. Does anyone have suggestions for what else I might try to get this working?

This is the Motorola device I'm using:
http://www.secable.com/S_pdf/dch3416.pdf
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Ultralite mk1 + SPDIF input + Motorola DCH3416

Post by 4stripes »

Video is always 48 kHz. Setting the MOTU to external clock via the SPDIF input should take care of things. If not, try a different, shorter cable. If that doesn't work, something is probably broken.