Stuck bootloader: Ultralite mk3 firewire (non-hybrid)

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
harm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stuck bootloader: Ultralite mk3 firewire (non-hybrid)

Post by harm »

My Ultralite mk3 firewire (the old model without USB) somehow doesn't go further than the bootloading message: ULmk3 Bootloader v1.00

Before that the message: FPGA Problem: SPI Test failure is displayed.

There is one post on this forum that mentions the same problem, but it is very old and there was no reply unfortunately. Any search on the internet does not return results.

Does anyone have an idea how to bring my Ultralite back to life?

Thanks a lot!
Harry

Re: Stuck bootloader: Ultralite mk3 firewire (non-hybrid)

Post by Harry »

Hi, I had a similiar problem with my new 828x. It is a hardware Problem. Motu Support said I should get a new bugfree mk3 from my distibutor. Speak with your Dealer.
OS 10.14.6, iMac i7.3,5 with 32 GB Ram, 828x, Miditimepiece AV, DP 10.00 (ger.)
MachFive 3, MSi, Ethno 1, Omnisphere 2, Sampletank 4, Forest Kingdom II, Desert Winds, EWQLSO-Silver, Real Guitar 2, VLP120, PLP120, VCP120, Liquid Saxophones, Elastic, The Resource, Wave Arts PowerSuite 4+5 and Master Restoration, Kontaktplayer, Absynth 5, Ni Action Strings etc.
mikehalloran

Re: Stuck bootloader: Ultralite mk3 firewire (non-hybrid)

Post by mikehalloran »

Try the factory reset procedure.
http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technotes/reset

Since it likely will not work, you probably have a hardware issue. MOTU has an exchange program at a reasonable price if your unit qualifies. Generally less than the diagnostic fee that most charge - if they'd even look at it.

UltraLite-mk3 / UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid: Press the Param/Setup knob until the LCD screen reads "UltraLite mk3 SETUP" or "UL Hybrid Setup". The LCD screen will quickly flash to "LCD CONTRAST". Turn the Param/Setup knob all the way to the right. The LCD screen will read: "Factory Defaults Press [Value]". Push the Value knob once. The LCD screen will display "Are you sure? Push [VALUE]". Push the Value knob again to confirm. The LCD screen will read: "Initializing...". The clock value in the LCD screen will flash when the reset is complete.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro