828MkII and Mavericks - RESOLVED

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Viv Savage
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

828MkII and Mavericks - RESOLVED

Post by Viv Savage »

Is there a way to get the thing working in OS X Mavericks? As my last computer running Snow Leopard died I had to get a new one which obviously runs Mavericks. I read that Logic 9.1.8 works (have to check that as well), so I started with turning on the 828 which wasn't found. I couldn't find a downloadable driver on motu.com, and I doubt I am the only one with the particular device. When I search for Mavericks I get an endless supply of topics answered by people on Mavericks or on another platform and using an 828 so the search option is useless...

P.S.: Why am I being seen as a spammer (when I go to the login page I see a message telling me to go away Spammer)? Just because I use a VPN? Bit of a broadsword don't you think?
OS X Sierra, Logic Pro X, MOTU 828mkII USB, Tascam US-144, Presonus HP-60, loads of plug-ins
------
Hammond XK-1, Roland A-70, Arturia KeyLab 88, Korg Triton Rack
NazRat

Re: 828MkII and Mavericks

Post by NazRat »

Download and install the MOTU Universal Audio Installer from here: http://www.motu.com/download

I am using an 828mkII with Mavericks, so no issues AFAICT.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Viv Savage

Post by Viv Savage »

Thanks, downloaded, installed, restarted. System Prefs > Sound > MOTU 828. Start iTunes and press play, and I heard it coming through the speakers. I guess I can use the MIDI download for the MIDI side of things?
OS X Sierra, Logic Pro X, MOTU 828mkII USB, Tascam US-144, Presonus HP-60, loads of plug-ins
------
NazRat

Post by NazRat »

The MIDI for the mkII is installed with the Universal Audio Installer - it should already show up in Audio MIDI Setup.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Viv Savage

Post by Viv Savage »

Thanks. Everything works. I've tested out many of the synths I use to see if they are compatible and/or needed to be re-licensed, and aside from 1 everything does what is supposed to be.
------
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Viv Savage wrote:P.S.: Why am I being seen as a spammer (when I go to the login page I see a message telling me to go away Spammer)? Just because I use a VPN? Bit of a broadsword don't you think?
No. What you're seeing is a bit of code put in the site to prevent us from being drowned in a sea of spam about kitchen remodeling. It's to prevent bogus spam accounts from registering at this board. You're seeing it because the IP that this board sees when you go to that page was reported at some time or another to this site:

http://stopforumspam.com/

If it's a problem, you might contact them and ask for the IP to be removed. Go through your VPN (so the IP is registered at the page below) and go to this link to ask for removal:

http://stopforumspam.com/removal

Not as much of a "broadsword" as you think. And unfortunately, entirely necessary due to the amount of spam we were getting prior to implementing this.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

By the way... did this resolve your issue? It looks like it so, I'll mark this resolved. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Viv Savage

Re: 828MkII and Mavericks - RESOLVED

Post by Viv Savage »

Yes, the issue is resolved. Thanks. It's a big relief that I don't have to shell out for a new audio interface (even if the 828x looks enticing...)

I'll check out the forumspam site.
------