UltraLite Mk3 BCF2000 AMS

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Greggy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UltraLite Mk3 BCF2000 AMS

Post by Greggy »

Hi there,

- Newbie alert! - Will anyone please help?

I bought a Behringer BCF2000 in the hope of controlling my UltraLite Mk3 (or 896 Mk 3) via CueMix. The application is for small live gigs - basically to replace an analogue mixer, reverb unit and compressors. I use one of two MacBook Pros running OSX.

I've never used MIDI before (and don't even possess any MIDI cables), and the BCF2000 and UltraLite are connected via USB.

Try as I may I cannot get any linkage between the control surface and CueMix. I have read around this forum and others, and contacted both Behringer and MOTU. I have tried booting the BCF2000 into Mackie Control and Baby HUI modes, but nothing seems to work.

I'm far from sure that I am setting the units up correctly in Audio MIDI Setup - which is probably where the problems lie. I have created a 'dummy' device and selected Mackie as the manufacturer, then connected the arrows. Sometimes I can get a 'ding' sound when I enter test mode and move a control on the BCF2000.

When I start CueMix I'm expecting fader movements produced by the pad to be replicated on the control surface and vice-versa, but nothing happens.

To be frank I don't even know what I'm doing with the BCF2000, or even whether it might be a faulty unit and I'm flogging a dead horse. Experience tells me it's more likely operator ignorance though. This is especially as so many others seem to have little or no problems with this. There are more than one videos on YouTube showing folks happily doing what I'm trying to achieve. It's just they skip the details of the initial setup, and I don't understand their languages.

Does anyone please have a step-by-step idiot's guide to getting through this, or are able to clarify each step of the process? I've wasted so many hours so far and am running out of time to return the BCF2000 if it's not suitable.

Sincere Thanks,

- Greggy
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UltraLite Mk3 BCF2000 AMS

Post by Klaus »

The bcf2000 has to be booted in mcu mode
Behringer products > bcf2000 page > documentation
( search for emulation modes )

best

Klaus