Ultralite issues

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Beeboss
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ultralite issues

Post by Beeboss »

I just added a secondhand mk1 ultralite to my mk3 ultralite to get some extra channels and have been having a few issues which I am hoping somebody can help me with.

I am on mac os 10.9.2 and am recording in logic 10, have the mk1 ultralite plugged into the mk3 with firewire and then into the mac as an aggregate device.

Sometimes when recording something happens and it just records digital splat noise.
Restarting everything solves this but it happens about once every few days.
Sometimes on playback there are occasional bursts of digital type noise.
There is a permanent low level clicking which does not get louder when I turn the level up. I can live with this but when I use the mic inputs (on the mk1) it gets much louder although it doesn’t seem to record.
Sometimes, especially after waking from sleep there is no output at all, it works after quitting and restarting everything.
Frequently the aggregate device becomes unselected in both logic prefs and mac sounds prefs.

I am just wondering what I can do to sort out any of these problems, especially the first ones which are more than just annoying.

I have noticed that there is a firmware update for the mk1 ultralite (mine is is still on 1.0) but after downloading it i can’t get the zip file to open (maybe is doesn’t work on my os). i guess I could try finding a mac with an older os but if anyone has any other ideas? Is there some setting I have missed or anything else I could try?

Thanks in advance.