Can I upgrade to Mavericks with Logic 9.1.8

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
colluraamara
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can I upgrade to Mavericks with Logic 9.1.8

Post by colluraamara »

Hello friends.
A topic as this has probably already been added , but I can't found answers even less .

However, currently I am working with profit with Logic 9.1.8 on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4.

Now I would like to upgrade to OSX Mavericks , because there is a better management of aggregate devices (which I need for the management of three audio interfaces), which management on Mountain Lion has been limited (it is not possible to reverse the order of nell'aggregate device interfaces , in which is limited to only order them in alphabetical order).

But upgrading to Mavericks would go to such trouble?

On various forums they say that Logic 9 updated to version 9.1.8 works great even on the Mavericks, but those who complain that they don't work anymore some things , such as scroll bars, and other malfunctions in general.

In addition to passing the Mavericks, which is a fully 64bit , I could not use the 32-bit plugins .
Not bad, because I use very few ( Steinberg HalionSonic2 , Antares AutoTune Evo 6 Native , Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0) for which I am informing the 64-bit compatibility directly from manufacturers.

But , upgrading to Mavericks, which merits / flaws involve?
Has anyone tried it and he's regretting it ?
Has anyone tried it, and thanks the day it is passed to the Mavericks ?
Logic 9.1.8 fails to be stable ( in your experience ) even on the Mavericks ?

I'm waiting your opinions for a comparison that might clarify things to me and to many others, are trying to shine a light on this topic.

Greetings to all and have Good Music .
Mac Pro 5.1(2010), Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 12 Gb Ram, 1Tb Hd, OsX Mavericks 10.9.5; Motu Pcie424 with two HD192, Motu MTP Av Usb, Apogee BigBen, Soundcraft 600/500M Custom; Logic Pro 9.1.8, Logic X; MacMini (late 2009), Core 2 Duo 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb Hd, OsX Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can I upgrade to Mavericks with Logic 9.1.8

Post by bayswater »

You should probably ask the question on a Logic forum. One thing though: I doubt upgrading to Mavericks will stop you from using 32 bit plugins. Updating to Logic X will. It's won't do anything in 32 bit mode.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8