OS 10.9.2 Altered MOTU Audio Setup

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
songshark
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: OS 10.9.2 Altered MOTU Audio Setup

Post by songshark »

Thanks for your responses!
TheWire

Post by TheWire »

I am in touch with Motu. They were not aware of this Problem. Let's see where this goes. I'll update as I have news.

Update 2014-03-07: They confirmed the issue with 828mkII. 828mkIII is not concerned. Since there is an upcoming music fair at frankfurt it will very likely take 2 weeks until action on this will happen.
Well at least they keep their word. Around 2 weeks after initially reporting the problem to Motu key staff in this area, a fix is available.

Works fine here as well with my 828mkII
828mkII FW, 8Pre FW
GameAudioGuy

Post by GameAudioGuy »

James Steele wrote:Welcome to the board. We don't really condone Hackintosh stuff here on this board. It is a violation of the MacOS software license. I know many people do it, but the existence of the pirate emoticon on this board should not be construed to mean that this board condones any sort of piracy. I delete and ban software pirates when it's obvious they're using pirated copies of DP or other music software. I'm NOT saying you're doing this, but the Hackintosh thing is really kind of "iffy" here and I wouldn't boast about it on this board.
Ah, my bad. I do own the software that I use, I just thought I'd mention my hardware in case it had anything to do with the problem or if the fix I had was specific to my setup. I'll keep this to myself in the future, sorry for the trouble.

Also the latest update fixed the issue!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Fix worked for me, too! Good job MOTU. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!