Motu installer disc on Macbook pro retina

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
mariuste86
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu installer disc on Macbook pro retina

Post by mariuste86 »

Hello

Sorry for this question but do I have to run the entire disc installer when installing software and hardware drivers and components, basically a full install, for Motu Ultralite mk3 hybrid on a new Macbook pro retina

Problem is, this Mb pro does not have a built in CD drive, but I can always use an external ofcourse.
Is it enough to download just the latest hardware and software drivers from Motu.com

Thanks
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu installer disc on Macbook pro retina

Post by mikehalloran »

Uh... You don't say what version... No version earlier than 7.24 will run on your Mac.

No CD-DVD player is required to install or authorize DP 8.x. That uses a web based authorization. All DP 8 versions are complete installs and do not require earlier versions to be present.

You do need a CD player for DP 7.24 to authorize the software. There are ways to share one over a network. Otherwise, a USB stand alone player will work. You can get one that runs circles around the Apple for half the price. The DP 7.12 and 7.24 updaters require previously installed copies but any DP 7.x CD will authorize the software. If you don't have a 7.24 disk, install what you have, run the 7.24 updater, then have your disk in a drive that your computer can access to authorize DP.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mariuste86
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mariuste86 »

I just downloaded the latest Audio installer from Motu.com and the Ultralite is up and running now, no need for the CD. I should probably have explained myself a bit better but I dont meant installation of DP just installation of drivers necessary to run Ultralite and Cuemix software. But everything is fine now, thanks.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

No problem. You are correct that the CD is not required to update the audio drivers.

You will notice that most of us have our hardware, OS, version of DP and any other relevant information as part of our signature. The reason for this is to make it easier for others to answer questions if we have problems.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Revisiting this topic as I was thinking of getting a used late 2010 MacBook Air to run DP for live backing tracks. It has the 256GB SSD. So I could run DP8 without needing to use CD to authorize which is good.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!