Ultralite mk3 Hybrid firmware update

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
NotJaco
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ultralite mk3 Hybrid firmware update

Post by NotJaco »

I started running the firmware update (1.06) for the Ultralite mk3 Hybrid this morning. After 4 hours 25 minutes of CPU time, the Ultralite says "Starting up..." on the LCD and the updater process is still running with 3 threads and 100% CPU. Is this normal? Surely a firmware update should take at most minutes, right? This is over USB (per instructions) connected to a Core i7 iMac (2011 model) running 10.8.

I don't want to brick the device by shutting it off and I have no idea how long it's going to take finish, or if it's hung.

Thoughts, advice?

Thanks
dwellerstream
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Ultralite mk3 Hybrid firmware update frozen?

Post by dwellerstream »

I have this same problem right now - Anyone know if I can turn off the process or the device without hosing it? It's just sitting there with the "Updating firmware…" message and the warning not to turn it off, but nothing's happening (apparently). It's been almost an hour so far. The UltraLitemk3 Hybrid has this on it's screen: UL mk3 Hybrid Boot v1.00 -
I'm trying to update it with the 1.07 updater I downloaded from the MOTU site. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
dwellerstream
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Ultralite mk3 Hybrid firmware update

Post by dwellerstream »

Well, got fed up and quit the updater program, come what may. I then turned off the UltraLite and restarted it. Seems OK so far, but haven't used it yet. Could the problem have anything to do with updating from too-old a version? My current firmware version is 1.02. Do I need to update in a certain order? - Thanks for any info. Will see if I can find any info to that effect on MOTU site.
alvaroprudente
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ultralite mk3 Hybrid firmware update

Post by alvaroprudente »

I first had the same problem.
Then I tried secuential upgrade 1.05, 1.06, 1.07 and it worked.

I though had to unplug replug the USB connection after each try, plus the obvious rebooting, and power-cycling.