Is it necessary to use Microbook II with CueMix?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
calden
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Is it necessary to use Microbook II with CueMix?

Post by calden »

Hey:

I asked this about a week or more ago but with a different title, got no response, so thought I'd try again.

I am looking at purchasing the Microbook II for use with a Mac Power Book. I have used the 828 MkII for years, with AudioDesk, and it has always been easy and straightforward to specify input sources and output via AudioDesk. I would like to use the Microbook II the same way.

Looking at the manual it appears as though it might be necessary to use the CueMix to select inputs and outputs. Is this so? Or is one able to use the hardware and AudioDesk without going through CueMix?

Thanks,
Carlos
Airyck
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Is it necessary to use Microbook II with CueMix?

Post by Airyck »

As far as I know you are able to select inputs and outputs for the audio interface within your DAW without using CUEMIX to do so.

For example, choose your audio interface in the DAW. Then select main out 1 and 2 as your main stereo out in the DAW. You should get output without ever opening CUEMiX
Patrick_Bear
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Patrick_Bear »

CueMix is just a method to control/set up the interface. If you aren't worried about zero-latency direct monitoring you can just set your CueMix faders to zero which disables direct monitoring and then you don't have to worry about running CueMix again until something changes in your setup or requirements.
alexbatista
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by alexbatista »

HI there!

I have a Microbook II, but I can't figure out how to setup it direct on Ableton Live 9.
If I mute the channels on CueMIx, there is no sound trough Ableton. I can see the monitoring, but there is not sound. The sound just come back when I unmute the AUX 1-2 on Cuemix.

What I'm doing wrong?