Controlling Cuemix FX and outputpairs?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Controlling Cuemix FX and outputpairs?

Post by NazRat »

Klaus wrote:
narrenschip wrote:
Klaus wrote:
and using ADAT i/o does eat CPU

Klaus
I wouldn't expect that. Can you elaborate?

As I understand, the PC/Laptop is only controlling the audio interface with CueMix Fx. There's actual no audio transfer to/from the PC/laptop. Adding ADAT pre-amps to the audio interface doesn't change that.
You can watch the CPU meter going up when enabling ADAT...in Motu Audio Setup
If you enable ADAT A and B - In and Out, you may run into trouble enabling a lot of EQ / Dynamics
Best
Klaus
The meter in CueMix FX reflects the onboard DSP resources of the audio device, not the computer CPU. Is that where youse guys are parting ways?
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Klaus »

My bad... I should have written DSP... yes the box's DSP, not the 'puter

Sorry, just came home from setting up the X32Core with 3 clients / faderboxes...
and enjoying no DSP problems...

http://www.redmountain.ch/x32coretouchbcf2000.jpg

Recording with DP 32 tracks at the same time > ( back on topic - almost )

Best

Klaus
narrenschip
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by narrenschip »

Klaus wrote:My bad... I should have written DSP... yes the box's DSP, not the 'puter
Ah, that explains it. I didn't notice any sudden spike in DSP use when enabling the ADAT ports. Just the DSP monitor going up for each channel where I enabled EQ/dynamics.
I think that as long you don't need the built-in reverb, there's enough DSP power available for EQ and some compression on 16 in and 8x2 out.
Klaus wrote:Sorry, just came home from setting up the X32Core with 3 clients / faderboxes...
and enjoying no DSP problems...

http://www.redmountain.ch/x32coretouchbcf2000.jpg

Recording with DP 32 tracks at the same time > ( back on topic - almost )
Nice setup. I've been looking at the Behringer X 32 Rack, but can't justify the cost. Traveller + ADA8200 + old Macbook + old wifi router + ipad will have to do. :-P