DP 7.1 MOTU 828mkii sample rate change, MIDI stops working

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Kreepyj
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 7.1 MOTU 828mkii sample rate change, MIDI stops working

Post by Kreepyj »

Hello,

I've encountered this problem, and it happens when I open any file, old or new.

I'm using a MOTU 828 mkII for audio and MIDI input. I have installed latest drivers etc

A project begins with sample rate set at 44.1 khz. MIDI works as it should. No plugins, just my regular hardware Yamaha keyboard.

I change to 48 khz. The change is shown correctly on the 828 display but MIDI stops working in DP.
I change back to 44.1 khz, again the 828 displays the correct change, but the MIDI still does not work.

The MIDI light on the 828 always registers when I play the keyboard.

I start DP again, and it's back to normal. I don't know whether this is a DP issue or an 828 issue, so I've posted this in both hardware and software topics.

MOTU tech support have been EXTREMELY slow in helping me. I first asked for their help over a month ago, and they feed me one line advice every 12 days or so.

I hope some friendly users here can help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance.
Kreepyj
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 7.1 MOTU 828mkii sample rate change, MIDI stops worki

Post by Kreepyj »

Rather than wait for the tediously slow, so called 'tech support' from MOTU, I decided to try a few things myself.

So for those interested:

I downgraded to an old MOTU firewire driver and it fixed my problem rather than the current recommended one. This driver is dated 2007 and is meant for OS 10.3.9 (I'm running 10.5.8).