Monitor in headphones & recording with logic & cuemix.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
TijuanaKez
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Monitor in headphones & recording with logic & cuemix.

Post by TijuanaKez »

Ok I have found a convenient workaround for the cuemix's shortcomings when working with logic.

1. Set your phones routing to use it's dedicated 'phones' mix and unmute what you want to monitor in your cans in the cuemix mixer page.

2. Add an 'I/O' plugin to the login main output strip. Set the 'output' dropdown in the I/O plugin to 'phones'.

3.I also find it helpful to drop the volume slider here to -12db to allow headroom for other things in the phones mix as there is no way to adjust it from cuemix.

3. Also, if you are recording in the same room as your speakers, you'll probably want to mute all your inputs on the main mixer page in cuemix, so they are only in the cans preventing any possible feedback.

4. Now you can just toggle the bypass on the I/O plugin to automatically mute your speakers and send logic's main output to the headphones at the same time without sending your live mics to your monitors!

I'll add some screenshots shortly
MCRSA
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Monitor in headphones & recording with logic & cuemix.

Post by MCRSA »

I can't make sense of this at all.
I have a recently acquired gen 1 Motu Traveller.
I'm running Logic pro 9 on a later 2013 iMac.
It appears that only an old version of Cuemix dsp, rather than fx, is compatible with this legacy device.
Can someone help please? I need to make this unit work, as I own it and can't afford to upgrade.
I'm running firmware 1.07
Driver 1.6 67918