cuemix fx + bcf2000?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
jrdmcdnld
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

cuemix fx + bcf2000?

Post by jrdmcdnld »

Anyone having success controlling cuemix fx with a behringer bcf2000 or other hui controller?
XYZ

Re: cuemix fx + bcf2000?

Post by XYZ »

Yes, mostly. The last time I tried it, I had one channel automatically dropping to [if memory serves me] something like -24 dB, every time I 'd do a bank switch. I believe that this is in baby hui mode, which, for me, is the one I like due to simplicity and fewer keystrokes. MOTU tried it out, and verified that this "left fader reset" issue was a BCF-only problem, a real Baby HUI worked just fine. They said since it worked with a real HUI, they did not feel responsible to fix it, but indicated they would put it on the bug list so at some point it will be fixed. Have not tried it lately.

Also, if memory serves me, the MC mode worked just fine, but did not serve my purposes well.

I may drop the whole thing and go with one of the new ethernet controllers, but I find I've found ways around a control surface, so it is not all that critical to me.
MacPro2.66/3GB/828mk3/Rosetta800/UAD-2Quad/Waves/
jrdmcdnld

Post by jrdmcdnld »

Thanks xyz. What is MC mode? Do you mean MMC?
1nput0utput

Post by 1nput0utput »

jrdmcdnld wrote:Thanks xyz. What is MC mode? Do you mean MMC?
Mackie Control Universal
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.
XYZ

Post by XYZ »

The BCF can emulate either the Baby HUI mode or the Mackie Control Mode. HUI is simpler, and has fewer functions, and fewer "shift" keys to access all the functions on the BCF. The Mackie Control Mode has more functions, and is a bit more complicated.
jrdmcdnld

Post by jrdmcdnld »

UPDATE: I bought a BCF2000 (white). It came with the latest firmware installed (1.10). So far, it works flawlessly with cuemix FX. Whatever the issue was, it seems they have worked out the baby hui problem. My only complaint is that the fader motors are somewhat noisy and a little 'choppy' to use. Other wise, it works great. :D
jrdmcdnld

Post by jrdmcdnld »

I should mention this too - I ended up having to use MIDI out 'B' instead of 'A' on the BCF2000. It works with A, but as soon as you move a fader up, it slowly works its way back down to zero. Weird.
jrdmcdnld

Post by jrdmcdnld »

An update incase anyone is following this - When I boot my bcf2000 into MCC or MCso mode, it has the '-24 on fader 1' problem mentioned above by xyz. When I boot it into either baby hui or LC mode, it works without a hitch. In LC mode, not all of the functions are useable, but most are.
threbbit
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by threbbit »

Trying to get BCF 2000 to control CueMix. Device is seen in Audio MIDI set-up. I have renamed it "Mackie Control" with maker "Mackie", and booted up BCF in Mackie Control mode. Then selected "Mackie Control in Cuemix. Still no dice. Any tips anyone?

G5 MOTU 2408 MkII (don't believe it will run the latest CueMix - maybe this is a problem?)

Roger Jackson
Film Music
Oxford UK
XYZ

Post by XYZ »

Did you do this?

http://www.alphareal.com/Previous/Picture%201.jpg

First try making a new configuration with just this in it. AMS preferences have haunted me before. If this doesn't do it, try deleting all of your AMS preferences files [there are a bunch], in usr and system. Then make from scratch.

Should work. I don't think it has anything to do with MkII vs MK3 because this is a software program using AMS and MIDI over USB, not really related to audio interface--I'm not sure about this.
threbbit

Post by threbbit »

Thanks I'll try it next time I'm in the studio.

Roger Jackson
Film Music
Oxford UK
audiogreg

Post by audiogreg »

I have a Ultralite mk3 and a Behringer BCF2000. I'm running SL on a MacMini along with CueMixFX. Thanks to suggestions here, I have the BCF talking to CueMix, but it only seems to control Mix1. Is there a command or key I am missing to switch the fader control to a different output mix?? Several of the BCF emulation modes seem to work, any reason to prefer one over another??

I posted a request with MOTU, but after a week it still hasn't been read. Disappointing, even though that seems to be everyones experience around here...
wayneconnor

Post by wayneconnor »

The pair of < preset > buttons 3rd up from bottom right switch across input banks.
The top right 2 buttons pressed together (encoder groups) toggle between input and output banks.

This only works in Mackie Control Mode not baby hui. And I have BCF set for mackie control for cubase.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Is it possible to use several bcf2000s to control i.e. a full blown 896mk3,
24 + spdif + aes

TIA

Klaus
wayneconnor

Post by wayneconnor »

theoretically yes - using diff groups,
but you can't assign the different bus mixes to a console, just inputs to bus 1 and then all outputs.