828 MKII gets stuck starting up

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
roman_rm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828 MKII gets stuck starting up

Post by roman_rm »

Hello all,

I've been a happy user of the 828 MKII for a few years, but this week I had a problem with it.

When it's starting up, the LCD displays "828 MKII" on the upper line, then adds "CueMix DSP" on the bottom line, then clears the screen and displays "v1.00" on the bottom line, and then adds "Gain" on the top line. And then it gets stuck. moving any of the knobs or switches has no effect and no lights indicating bitrate ever light up.

I tried powercycling, disconnecting and waiting a while, even the steps for a restart (nothing happens) to no avail. Any advice, or is this something MOTU tech support will need to deal with?

thanks in advance!!
Tanquerayloc

wow

Post by Tanquerayloc »

I thought I was the only one dealing with this... I'm lost and don't know what to do..
Heated Muzic Inc.
roman_rm

Post by roman_rm »

yeah after talking to MOTU they say it needs to be repaired... just sent it off to them this morning...
HAMERMAN409
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: 828 MKII gets stuck starting up

Post by HAMERMAN409 »

Sounds like the firewire IC (Texas Instruments TSB41AB2) may have been bad. From what I can tell it has a clock output that goes into the Altera FPGA (and perhaps elsewhere). When that clock isn't there none of the front panel controls and LED's are "scanned".