Motu 2408 mk2 Standalone

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
marduk
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu 2408 mk2 Standalone

Post by marduk »

mikehalloran wrote:
marduk wrote:Old thread BUT:
Anyone care to elaborate if it's possible to route 24ch ADAT to analog out (for monitoring purposes only) in standalone mode?
With the Cuemix it should be possible (according to manual) but I need it to be standalone...
Thanks.
CueMix is part of the PCI-424 card.

I don't remember that you can mix inside the 2408. IIRC, you can only route one ADAT or Tascam bank to the analog in stand-alone mode. The manual for the mkIII is online.
Yes, as stated in my post "according to manual" it's fairly obvious that I've read it - really vague about the situation at hand and all...
So I can safely guess that it's not possible mixing the signals without the 424.
Thanks.
mic
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu 2408 mk2 Standalone

Post by mic »

Hi,

I also bought a 2408mk2 for use as standalone, not connected to any card or stuff. I connected my alesis hd24 outs via adat lightpipe (24ch), because it has no headphone out. I also thought i could hear all 24 channels on the headphones.
The manual tells me to set on ADAT+A+B+C, but there i just got some noisy stuff. I just hear anything when I set it on ADAT+A, and then just the 8 channels.

Doesn't that work or did I do anything wrong?