Last cry for Help- Ethno 2 and FL Studio

Moderator: James Steele

grackopolis
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Last cry for Help- Ethno 2 and FL Studio

Post by grackopolis »

I've done all I can, and this is my last cry for help.
I waited for 2 weeks for tech to respond to my techlinks, and then called them myself. I did everything they said, updated all drivers, installed only the 64bit versions of the plugin and FL Studio, updated iLok/graphics/win ...everything. And I still cannot get Ethno 2 to work as anything other than a stand-alone plugin.
It has now been almost 30 days for tech support to respond to my tech links now...and I have had a dead plugin for over 3 years. (this is not my first attempts with tech sup.)

I am running Win 7 64-bit, i7 920 2.67Ghz, 8GB ram, 2TB hard drive, Quadro 4000 card, FL Studio 9.

I even tried the UVI Workstation that has been mentioned, and I get the same errors in FL Studio.

This plugin has NEVER worked, even since Ethno 1.0. I only upgraded because I was told by tech support that it would allow Ethno to work with win 7 (tech told me ethno 1 could not) Now I feel stupid for spending yet another $300+ to upgrade only to find I still have a dead horse.

I've spent well over $600 on this plugin, and I still can't believe that over the years I have obtained no resolution on the matter and am still left with an unusable plugin in my audio library. I honestly expected a lot more from MOTU. The support has been very sparse, and the plugin should work as advertised. This is very sad thing.

I contacted the creators over at FL Studio/ImageLine and it seems that even they can't get Ethno to load on their computer! They are currently waiting to see if their contact at MOTU can send them a copy of Ethno 2. It seems a lot of the problems mentioned are quite common...

I would like the plugin to work, but at this point a refund or at least a credit in the motu store would be appretiated. I feel like I've been robbed:(

It would also be nice if someone from MOTU took the initiative to contact FL Studio/ImageLine to work things out.
Last edited by grackopolis on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hugy

Re: Will not work in FL Studio :(

Post by hugy »

typo ?

There is no 64bits version of Ethno 1 and FL Studio

What are the errors with UVIWorkstation ?

Using version 1.1.7 ?
grackopolis

Re: Last cry for Help- Ethno 2 and FL Studio

Post by grackopolis »

yes, I am using the latest UVI Workstation. 1.1.7

I am using Ethno 2. I upgraded because tech support told me Ethno 1 would not work with windows 7. ><

The error is the following...

"Loading Plugin - UVI Workstation(64bit)- Bridged"

That is all. It stays on that message and will not ever actually load.

You can see my previous thread on the problem at FL Studio here:
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=ethno*
hugy

Post by hugy »

grackopolis wrote:yes, I am using the latest UVI Workstation. 1.1.7

I am using Ethno 2. I upgraded because tech support told me Ethno 1 would not work with windows 7. ><

The error is the following...

"Loading Plugin - UVI Workstation(64bit)- Bridged"

That is all. It stays on that message and will not ever actually load.

You can see my previous thread on the problem at FL Studio here:
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=ethno*
Why are you using the 64bits version of the plugin while your host is 32Bits ?
I don't see a reason to do that.
grackopolis

Post by grackopolis »

I was using the 64bit because I am using 64bit windows.
I downloaded and installed the 32bit of the UVI and it appears to work...
Does this mean I need to install the 32bit version of Ethno 2 as well?
It is very misleading when Ethno 2 specifically tells you NOT to run 32bit if you run a 64bit OS.

Regardless, maybe it's just me but, it seems absurd that people are having to download a 3-party plugin in order to use something they paid so much money for. This should be resolved in updates for a well maintained plugin, as I'm sure everyone would prefer to use the native controller for Ethno rather than secondary software that did not ship with the program.

Either way, thanks for the heads-up on UVI. It at least gets things running^^
hugy

Post by hugy »

The plugin should use the same version as your DAW.
(32bits plugin in 32bits DAW, 64bits plugin when available in 64bits DAW)
The OS format should be not taken into account in the case of Plugins. Only the DAW matters.

Otherwise you're using the host plugin bridge which do not look like to be working much in FL regarding 64bits plugin in 32bits host. That doesn't surprise me much as most bridge are used for 32Bits plugin in 64bits DAW

In the case of the StandAlone version, both should work fine.

This is the same for Ethno 2. So yes, you need to install the 32bits version of Ethno 2.

Indeed if this is what it's written in Ethno 2 manual, then it's BS.
Or they are talking about the StandAlone version.

Hope this helps.
grackopolis

Post by grackopolis »

Thanks! Yes, I just double checked in the manual and it doesn't say anything at all about 32 bit host programs. It mentions 64bit hosts require the 64 bit, but that is it. FL Studio, I just recently found out is a 32 bit host. For that reason, I now have both the 64 bit AND 32 bit versions installed.

Just finished installing the 32bit version and it works fine within FL from what I can tell. Now I can use the native controls. It's nice to know that even when I can't seem to get support from a developer, there are those here willing to sort things out.

If you were working for me, you'd get a big fat raise.^_^
Thank you again! This ends years of frustration for me!
hugy

Post by hugy »

You're welcome !