Ethno + ATI 2600 pro = no go

Moderator: James Steele

mcpersso
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ethno + ATI 2600 pro = no go

Post by mcpersso »

Im said to say that Motu/USB are some bad asses.

Now i had read in the forum and seams to be a big problem with ATI graphic cards. I just got a brand new ATI 2600 pro, and put it in my PC + the lastest driver from ATI. I start Ethno and when i select a sound, ethno just disaapear. :twisted:
If I remove the drivers ( no graphic drivers at all )and start it there is no problems. :shock: :shock:

So Motu and USB, you have to do it better than this...

Start over and make it work.. !!!! CAPIS :idea:

WE WANT A NEW PATCH :D

mcpersso

PS. it a marvelus plugin when it works...
tonester

Post by tonester »

Check out my post :http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25220

I have graphics issues with MOTU's Symphonic Instrument and the ATI 9600. Maybe it's the Radeon chipset?

I use dual monitors, and same strange stuff happens. I'm looking to get the Ethno, but I'd be curious to see what other cards people are using.

cheers........
pweverb

Post by pweverb »

It is just the UVI-player that causes the problem. Ethno uses the UVI-player developped by Universal Sound Banks. Turning off the grafic accelerator on the Radeon 2600 will help. I have the same problem with my Radeon 2600, even lost my motherboard by that... :( The problem is not Motu but the interface they borrowed from USB and USB itself is slowly 'disappearing'. Have no idea if they will do anything about it. The Radeon also causes problems with Emulator-x, some VST-stackers. Maybe the best thing is to replace ATI by another brand. Just considering that. Maybe ATI will fix it some coming update?
Regards,
Pieter
tonester

Post by tonester »

don't know about ATI, but I have an older Matrox Millenium G450 dual head PCI that I'm thinking of installing to see if the issue clears up.

I don't know about Ethno (which I am getting anyway, regardless if graphics issues) but with Symphonic Instrument, a lot of the issues disappeared when I changed the refresh rate to 60HZ.

maybe that would help.
pweverb

Post by pweverb »

Send in some deep test at ATI on their request today. They are going to search for those particular problems for the Radeon 2600 Pro. So i am waiting... Setting the grafics accelerator to no 3D acceleration, no Direct Draw also solves the problem in the meanwhile. The GUI of Ethno will then 'appear' but I do not really like this kind of solutions. This only helps with display drivers and catalyst center verions 7.07 and 7.08...
tonester

Post by tonester »

I also read on another forum that when you install the ATI, you should only install the drivers, and not the Catalyst package. Don't know why that makes a difference, but apparently it does. I got Ethno, and installed it.

In the end i went back to my Matrox G450 and all the issues disappeared.

Maybe it's just the ATI cards or the Radeon chipset.

Anyone out there running Ethno or MSI with NVidia cards?
pweverb

Post by pweverb »

So I am back after getting as much support from ATI as possible••¦ The last treat was the following procedure:

Regarding reinstalling the software for the ATI card:
Please try this thorough uninstall process below.

* Remove all ATI software from add/remove programs individually. Restart.
* Now run the ATI Uninstall Utility. Restart
* Go to registry and remove any ATI entries left under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
* Check for any ATI entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and look at each GUIDs display name for ATI entries remove the GUID if found.
* Check for any ATI entries under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products look at each GUID and the InstallProperties key, look at the Display Name for any ATI entry, if found remove the whole GUID.
* Exit Registry editor.
* Now browse to C:\Windows\INF and remove any OEM#.inf and the corresponding OEM#.pnf files that reference ATI. You look only in the OEM#.inf file.
* Next remove the C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia Center folder and C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies folders if present...Restart

* Install new software in the order that is listed on the ATI website

It didn••™t work••¦ Maybe your are lucky... I can live with the idea of sliding the graphics accelerator 3 steps down in order to use Motu Ethno, Plugsound Pro, Synth Anthology and Xtreme FX. They all are using this bloody UVI-player from USB, which I contacted more than a week ago without any feedback till now••¦ Not new I think. The rest of my applications do not suffer those problems: not NI Kore2 and all NI-plugins available, not Audition 3.0, not all plugins of Arturia, not Hypersonic2 and Xphraze, not Korg AE/DE, not East West Quantum Leap Play applications, not Cameleon 5000, Dimension Pro, Rapture, M-Tron not••¦. So, why Motu Ethno? Hello Motu? Last update was 02/02/2007••¦ Speaking of the devil: after contacting USB 10 days ago, I did receive a message from USB-France and guess what it said••¦ ••œThe next Plugsound Pro update will fix your issue. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconveniences.••
pweverb

Post by pweverb »

Problem solved... With a Gigabyte Geforce 8500GT. Waiting for updates from USB and therefore from Motu is wasting time. USB was speaking about a 'possible' update almost 2 years ago... So, hopeless. ATI can give no further solutions, so... A part of those ATI's with a bug in it seemed to have slipped through quality control... Now, everything works just fine with full acceleration...
Greetz