"An error occurred while trying to initialise Creative

Moderator: James Steele

Cedar
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

"An error occurred while trying to initialise Creative

Post by Cedar »

Hi,

I have just installed Ethno (and upgraded to 1.0.1 and grabbed the latest iLok drivers). When I try to run the program in standalone mode I get the message that "An error occurred while trying to initialise Creative ASIO", after which the preferences window is displayed. When I click OK, the program crashes completely. The program does not show up at all in my host application (Logic Platinum 5.5.0).

This is on Windows XP Pro and my soundcard is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy, which has never given me any grief so far.

I've logged a query with the MOTU tech support but have yet to hear back from them. From what I've heard about the tech support available I don't have high hopes, unfortunately.

Could anybody shed some light on what might be happening here? I know this is predominantly a Mac forum but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Cedar
shadoe42

Post by shadoe42 »

do you have the latest Audigy drivers? hmm does the Audigy come with the Creative ASIO driver? I have the Xfi so don't really know.
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Yes, I have the latest drivers and they do indeed come with ASIO support.

Figuring the ASIO was the problem though I tried a third party ASIO driver (Asio4All), which has got Ethno running nicely in standalone mode.

Now, however, when I try to load Logic it crashes on the start up splash screen while "Initialising ASIO: Loading MOTU Ethno Instrument VST Plug-in".
shadoe42

Post by shadoe42 »

hmm not sure. Never used Logic so would not know if the problem was there or not