Using phrases: is anybody?

Moderator: James Steele

auptown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using phrases: is anybody?

Post by auptown »

Just got Ethno, and I am loving it. I'm still finding my way around, and learning about using the different types of sounds that are available, and the how to use them.

One thing, I am not quite getting how to best use phrases. Especially the ones that I would want to loop, or to join with other phrases. Take the Celtic Guitar that gets loaded in the provided scene. It sounds great, and I would like to just loop it for a while, but I haven't found any way to do that. If I turn on Latch, it will play the phrase once all the way through, with just a short keypress, but it does not repeat.

And, I am wondering how to play several phrases in a row, without overlaps or gaps. I guess I could copy the audio soundbites, and drag them around until it's right, but I guess I am hoping for an easier way!
MacPro 2x2.66, 5G ram, 1 SATA, 2 raptors, 2408 mk3, MOTU HD192, Mackie MCU
Dual 2.0g G5, 7g ram, 1 SATA drive, 1 IDE drive, Duende, Liquid Mix, UAD-1,
OS X 10.4.11, DP 5.13, MOTU 2408mk3, BFD, RMX, Atmosphere, EWQLSO Gold XP, Ethno, Grace m906, Blue Sky 5.1 monitors
MacBook Pro 2.13 3G ram, ext FW drive
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dwetmaster »

Trigger it as a loop.
If it's a two bar loop, then you play your trigger with a two bar duration then you loop that...
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.