Translations for the Ethno vocal phrases?

Moderator: James Steele

ThomasDV
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Translations for the Ethno vocal phrases?

Post by ThomasDV »

I just purchased Ethno earlier this week and I'm enjoying it quite well (except for the freeze ups with drag and drop in Cubase SX3.1).

I'm sorely tempted to start using some of the vocal phrasing in a lot of my music, but I have no idea what the people are saying. Is there a place that lists the litteral or contextual essence of what is contained in each of the vocal phrases? When you have "C# Egyptian Diva" are all of her phrases in that Key meant to be used in order to create a traditional narative? I have no idea. I don't speak the language!

I'd really hate to make a peice of music that has me singing about one thing and the Ethno Instrument singing about something completely else in the same song!

If you know where I could find this or if someone nice at MOTU were to see this and take the time to provide this info I would be very thankful.

-Thomas
GordonR
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by GordonR »

I second this motion!
bill sem

translation

Post by bill sem »

Great question, they have our money for the product, why not answer the question. Click yhe map icon and drag the MIDI loop, no freeze ups this way.

Thanks

Bill
ThomasDV

Post by ThomasDV »

* Update *

I made contact with MOTU Customer Service and they informed me that they do not have a list of translations... I forgot to ask if they had at least had a partial list. They said that they would look into it and contact me again. I'll be sure to do a follow up with this as well.

In the meantime... if any others of you good people out there reading this might have a friend that speaks any of these languages, could take a stab at translating what these loops might be saying... That would be awefully nice of the both of you to help us out! Cheers.

-Thomas
radiotimes

Ethno translations

Post by radiotimes »

I also contacted Motu and got the same reply that they did not have the translations to hand and would get back to me. After no reply for 3 weeks I have assumed that they do not have any.

Its disappointing to find that after going to all the bother of making very good vocal recordings that someone at the time didn't bother to ask the "artist" what they were actually singing about and translate it to English.

Unless of course Motu thought their major sales were going to be in India and the Middle East!!
ThomasDV

Post by ThomasDV »

That is disappointing.

It also stinks that they did not write out the phrases so that we could get a lose idea of what's being said with online translators. Uggh.

Perhaps, we just have to take it upon ourselves to find someone who will translate for us. Perhaps someone could make a "song" that just has the phrases from a particular singer, all stung together and posted somewhere so knowledgable people could write in what it means. Of course that invites some people to just make up what is being said - that's why if we could find people we trust to get it pretty close to right, that would be best.

This may be the only way we will even get close to the answer of what the translations are.

What do you guys think?

-Thomas
eddieforan1

Vocals

Post by eddieforan1 »

Perhaps they're too obscene to translate.
cscrick

translation ethno songs

Post by cscrick »

I expalin all people passing by me, that what is very important with ethno, is to get sounds and patterns from world music , and to respect punds and melodics patterns from all countries . sure than translations are also imortant for this point of vue, to complete this idea . Motu works so well...
christian the french