ethno not in plugin list in ableton live

Moderator: James Steele

danieltogiki
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

ethno not in plugin list in ableton live

Post by danieltogiki »

hey everyone,

i bought ethno en symphonic instrument yesterday and installed it on pc. installing went fine, yet ethno will only work in standalone. it just doesnt show up in my plugin list in ableton live 5. then i realised the .dll file is just not installed in the vst directory, so i copied it to the folder. ableton scans the file, but doens't add it to the list.
i am freaking out here, payed a lot of money for it, and neither of them works. i just get error messages loading SI, but i am downloading update as i speak, so that will hopefully help.
PLEASE HELP ME !!
thnx up front.

Greetz Daniel Togiki
carrythebanner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by carrythebanner »

It's a little tricky, as there are two dlls that are needed to use MSI as a VST. The first one, "MSI.dll", is a central file used by all formats -- VST, DXi, RTAS, and standalone. The second, "MOTU Symphonic Instrument.dll", is just the VST file.

Did you perhaps copy the "MSI.dll" file into the Vstplugins folder, instead of the "MOTU Symphonic Instrument.dll"? If you copied the MSI.dll into the Vstplugins folder, delete it. Then run the MSI installer again, and make sure to point it to the Vstplugins folder you're using with Live. When you run Live, go to the prefs and turn "Use VST plug-ins" off & back on, and it should rescan & pass MSI.

Same thing goes for Ethno.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
danieltogiki

Post by danieltogiki »

ok i will try it, i'll let you know if it works. thanks a lot up front !!!
danieltogiki

Post by danieltogiki »

well, i tried it but it didn't work. first of all, i scanned all of my hard drives for that second dll you spoke off. nothing. i did find that dll with Dxi in the name. but Ableton Live doens't support dx. when i reistalled it, i never had the opportunity to point out a vst directory. all the installer asks, is "do you want to install another VST?" when i click yes, it just asks again and again, until i press no. then the installer finishes installation.
i got everything to work properly, i just really need to be able to use them as vsts, after all, thats what i bought them for. but thanks for the effort.
any other suggestions?
danieltogiki

Post by danieltogiki »

please anyone suggestions ?
danieltogiki

Post by danieltogiki »

problem fixed !!! contacted tech support, and suggested the map for vst's should be named EXACTLY "Vstplugins". this time the urge to organize was in my way. greetz