ethno instruments

Moderator: James Steele

bill sem
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

ethno instruments

Post by bill sem »

I just installed ethno instruments, using amd athlon xp 2600+ with cubase sx 3.1 as my host controller. Every thing is working fine until I try to drag and drop a loop, seems that the only loops are audio and when I create an audio track and do this every thing freezes up and I have to CTRL ALT Delete to get out of the program and re boot the computer because it changes to asio multimedia drivers from asio lynx L22 drivers that I use and cannot switch back unless I re-boot. Also I cannot figure out how to drag and drop a MIDI loop, they all seem to be audio when I click on the drag and drop box, but they do play as a loop when I preess a key on the controller and record them on a MIDI track

Thanks

Bill Semanek
bill sem
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

drag and drop

Post by bill sem »

I have figured out how to move MIDI loops, not really a manual guy, found the answer on this forum, but I still have the freeze problem when draging an audio loop.

Bill
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »

Hi,

It seems that there is a bug with Ethno Drag & Drop and Cubase SX.
Especially if you have the import dialog. No problem if you don't have it.

A solution is to drag from Ethno to the Desktop/or to a temporary directory. And then from the explorer DnD to Cubase.

Hope this helps.
wrzonance

Post by wrzonance »

I was getting very frustrated when this feature wasn't working in Cubase 4. All I did was change the import settings so it never popped up. It automatically converted and copied.

Worked like a charm.

Hello everybody. This is my first post. :)

Cheers

---Adam Wrzeski
Cubase 4 + Ethno Instrument + 2408 MkI PCI 324
GordonR

Post by GordonR »

wrzonance - can you go into more detail about how to change the import settings? I have the same problem w/Cubase 2.2...

Thanks!