Mach Five and Electric Keys

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Electric Keys virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

lutherbaker
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mach Five and Electric Keys

Post by lutherbaker »

Mach Five 3 seems to automatically mount UFS files in C:\Program Files\UVISoundBanks.

Electric Keys likes to find its UFS files in C:\Program Files\MOTU\ElectricKeys\Sounds.

I tried creating Windows "shortcuts" in the Mach Five directory pointing to the original installation of Electric Keys UFS files but it just complained that it couldn't read the files. Windows is appending .lnk to the name ... but doesn't show me that in the window, I only see the UFS extension. Is there something tricky I need to get the links to work correctly?

Otherwise, do I physically need to copy all those samples to both locations ... and then again for the x64 and x32 apps? Ableton Live is still running at 32bit and likes to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\... whereas Cubase is checking C:\Program Files\ ...

I'm sure this is wrong ... but currently I'd have to have 8 DVDs copied to 4 places?

Is there a configuration setting, in either app, that lets you define "custom" or "additional" UFS directories - much like the way an IDE lets you add "include" directories?

For Electric Keys 64 and 32 bit versions, maybe I can create a shortcut to the "Sounds" directory instead of the actual UFS files .... will try that even though that still doesn't solve the Mach Five issue.

Thanks in advance!
-Luther
hugy

Re: Mach Five and Electric Keys

Post by hugy »

Easy

Leave ekEys sounds in
C:\Program Files\MOTU\ElectricKeys\Sounds.
so eKeys founds those.

and add this folder in MachFive soundbank preferences panel (from the main menu) so M5 mounts those automatically.
lutherbaker

Post by lutherbaker »

Rock and Roll!
cct
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by cct »

rock and roll :D
johnson33
Primary DAW OS: MacOS