VE Special Edition PLUS Sax Articulations In Sibelus

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
leigh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VE Special Edition PLUS Sax Articulations In Sibelus

Post by leigh »

I'm making a mockup that uses tenor sax. I tried my Garritan JABB 3.0 tenor but it's lacking, to say the least. I have the VE Special Edition PLUS so I thought I'd try the tenor from it but I can't get the articulations to work.

I'm using Sibelius 8.6.1 and Vienna Ensemble 5.4 15962. In Sibelius I'm using the VE Special Edition Sound Set.

Here's the notation in Sibelius (using treble clef):

When it plays back the tenor part, the matrix stays set to 'sus' in a red cell until it gets to the staccato notes where it correctly switches to the 'rSta' blue cell. I'm guessing that the red cells mean that the library doesn't contain those articulations. I can't figure out how to get Sibelius to use the 'rLe' blue cell.

Here are the VE settings:

The VE SE documentation hasn't been able to help me understand what's going on here. Can anybody suggest a way to make this work or a place to look for the answer? Is there a decent (for mockups) saxophone library that's not $300?

Thanks.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: VE Special Edition PLUS Sax Articulations In Sibelus

Post by terrybritton »

Well, it is not a library, but it is a very good sax emulator that might work for you, and since they are ceasing development, they are selling SaxLab rather cheaply now ($49). I'm talking about LinPlug's SaxLab: http://linplug.com/

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools