Finale 2014.5 won't launch - Workaround

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Finale 2014.5 won't launch - Workaround

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Finale is looking for an audio input. If it's not there (it's not on some Macs) it will not launch. I have a FW (via TB) MOTU Track 16 attached but apparently it wasn't turned on when I tried the app. I turned it on and Finale 2014.5 launches every time now.

So for me, there is a workaround. I would assume on any Mac that doesn’t have built-in inputs, a USB, FW, or TB input device must be attached and turned on in order for F2014.5 ti launch.

I posted in a thread on the Finale forum as well.

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx ... 464461&p=2

(bottom of the page)

Hope that helps you kids with a non-input Mac.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Finale 2014.5 won't launch - Workaround

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

FYI Update:

I finally got to install this http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/TB2DOCK12P/ last night. It has a mono mic input, but apparently that's enough to make Finale happy. No, I didn't buy it for that purpose, but rather because I needed a few more ports for some older FW and USB stuff and this looked like a good overall solution. Open the image in a new tab or window to see the whole thing.

Now I have to decide if I want to update to El Cap...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS