Composer Cloud from EastWest

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
EastWest Lurker
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Composer Cloud from EastWest

Post by EastWest Lurker »

toodamnhip wrote:
EastWest Lurker wrote:
toodamnhip wrote: I, no , I didn;t get that. So what is the fee then, a monthly authorization?
Yes, exactly.
dix

Post by dix »

But you understand that once you download a library you are steaming it from your hard drives/SSDs, not from the Composer Cloud?
Understood. However, rendering anything you subscribe to would still be advisable. I can see a situation where I used just one instrument in a library, but didn't render it. Trying to open it later (years later maybe) would not be possible without re-subscribing or buying the library.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
EastWest Lurker

dix wrote:Understood. However, rendering anything you subscribe to would still be advisable. I can see a situation where I used just one instrument in a library, but didn't render it. Trying to open it later (years later maybe) would not be possible without re-subscribing or buying the library.
Agreed, I like to do my final mixing with audio only so I always do that anyway.
dix

Post by dix »

EastWest Lurker wrote:Just to be clear, you can pay month to month or annually, but you are committing to 1 year.
Does this remain true? Someone told me you could now cancel at any time. Have the terms of service changed since you wrote this? Thx!
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
EastWest Lurker

dix wrote:
EastWest Lurker wrote:Just to be clear, you can pay month to month or annually, but you are committing to 1 year.
Does this remain true? Someone told me you could now cancel at any time. Have the terms of service changed since you wrote this? Thx!

No indeed, this is no longer true. You can now do month to month and cancel at any time.
dix

Post by dix »

Oh, cool! This makes it a much better deal. I've been kind of afraid to include EW cloud instruments knowing they might go away if I didn't re-up forever. Now I could get back any instrument at a reasonable cost, if need be, if I let the subscription lapse

Thanks!
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Has anyone here done this? What was your experience?
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
solex

Post by solex »

Yep, for me works just fine. I don't use the libraries all the time, maybe 6 times a year. When I need them, I pay for a month and cancel immediately.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Monthly fees keep your licensed subscription
going. The software "phones home" every so often
to check if it is still authorized.

If you love and cant live without the products,
then it's worth it. I love the Slate stuff and Roland
Cloud synths, so I subscribe to those. The EastWest
offerings have never impressed me, so I dont
subscribe to Composer Cloud, or any other
subscription service (such as Waves or Softube).
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com