importing Sibelius 7 compositions to DP7

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

importing Sibelius 7 compositions to DP7

Post by Timeline »

My son is writing in S7 and wishes me to send him rendered VSL versions.

Tried MIDI 2 export from S7. Is there a better way. Missing articulations.

Trying to render in VSL with DP is incomplete. Had to change releases and such and create multiple VSL instrument tracks to even get close. Never nailed it.

Could send file to someone who might help. Suggestions welcome. Thanks, GB
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
dosuna11

Re: importing Sibelius 7 compositions to DP7

Post by dosuna11 »

If you have Sib 7 is it possible to send the Sibelius files and to you and you can rewire them into DP?
iMac 2.7Ghz quadcore i5 16 gig RAM DP 7.24 OS 10.6.8, iMac G5 2.1GHz 2.5 gig Ram DP 5.13 OS 10.4.11 MOTU 828 MK2, East West Platinum Plus, Miroslav Philharmonic, Komplete 5, Kontakt 2 Garritan Big Band, Mr Sax T, The Trumpet, DrumCore, Trilogy and Trillian, Ivory, MachFive, Ethno Instrument, Reason 4, SampleTank 2 Sampletron, Samplemoog, Melodyne Editor, Nomad plugins, Vintage Warmer, Ozone 4, Amplitube Jimi, Xgear and AmpegSVX.
http:www.davidosuna.com
bdr

Re: importing Sibelius 7 compositions to DP7

Post by bdr »

There is (to my knowledge) no better way. They are basically 2 separate processes. The articulations in Sibelius are triggered in a unique way through a complicated mapping of keyswitches depending on which library is being used.

Personally I would just take the MIDI files and import into DP, print out the score from Sibelius, and go through each part in DP changing the articulations as needed.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.