New cool toy - Quartz from Artificial Audio

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New cool toy - Quartz from Artificial Audio

Post by BKK-OZ »

I bought myself (another!) early xmas present, and it is so much fun, I thought I would let others know about it.

'Quartz' is a new* sound processing/modulation/multi-effects plugin, fully 64 bit, and in my experience anyway, fairly gentle on the old CPU. It comes from a boutique provider of plugs, Artificial Audio**. It costs ~$90 (USD) and is also available in a bundle.

Music Radar have a review on it here, and you can find the product page for Quartz here.

I have been a user of Artificial Audio's Obelisk plugin. Obelisk has been out for a couple of years now, and it is very cool, hard to describe, and offers absolutely endless fun. Obelisk isn't 64 bit (yet, they are working on it) and because I have moved over to 8.01, I am missing it, but Quartz is keeping me busy.

*new to 64 bit, that is
**apart from admiring their work, I don't have anything to do with AA, so I guess you could just say I'm just a fully paid up fan boy.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku