ScoreCleaner product for better converting MIDI to notation

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
jamesdunlopmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: ScoreCleaner product for better converting MIDI to notat

Post by jamesdunlopmusic »

Just thinking, again, from a time saving point of view. Whack in the whole score. Tidy up the bits that need to be touched up and, theoretically, pull it up in Sibelius with it looking perfect and in half the time...
Mac Pro 2.8 ghz Quad Core, 32gb RAM, DP 8.07, OS X 10.8.5
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

OK, if you and the click track just can't get along - and quantization just doesn't do it (such as the file I tested it with). I still can't imagine such a need - but I believe that you see it.

Anyway, the current version is probably years away, IMO. The 2 week demo is fully functional so, if you want to try, all it costs is your time.

If you do get it working, let us know.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Perhaps I'm just slow, but I've entered large orchestral scores directly into Finale, I've transcribed them into Finale from extant sequences w/o a metronome, and I've transcribed them into Finale using a metronome for entry carefully quantizing the export - import process at every step, and by far the fastest and most accurate way for me to work is to enter EVERYTHING directly into Finale. Not only is is faster, but I have a much better sense of what is going on in terms of harmony, voice leading, melodic construction, rhythmic diversity, and overall control of the composed elements. Direct entry into notation is the closest to working as composers have for centuries and is the only method I will use when going to print.

Just sane... (just barely)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS