Sibelius goes all Finale on it's own ass!

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
mjmoody
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sibelius goes all Finale on it's own ass!

Post by mjmoody »

nk_e wrote:
mjmoody wrote:Finale can do anything you want, and it IS supported, and development is continuing.
Is it? There have been so many rumors and counter rumors ... can you share a bit more info?
What are the rumors? I haven't heard any regarding Finale. They opted not to have a Finale 2013 - but that may be a good thing. It may mean they are trying for a truly meaningful release.

Their customer service is good and free, the program is still developing, and you can do absolutely anything you can dream of regarding creating a score.

But please let me know of what the rumors are - I am unaware of them.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Digital Performer 8.05
UltraLite (2007)
Komplete 7, Omnisphere, IvoryII, and other VIs
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

No F2013 may be for the superstitious folks. There WAS a release when that occurred but it was called an update.

There are no negative rumors I've heard. Can't say the same for S. owned by the evil Avid, and most of those aren't rumors, they're FACTS!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:No F2013 may be for the superstitious folks. There WAS a release when that occurred but it was called an update.

There are no negative rumors I've heard. Can't say the same for S. owned by the evil Avid, and most of those aren't rumors, they're FACTS!
Am reminded of the late 1980s after Microsoft Works 3 and the third version of a couple of other programs was such a disaster. For awhile, there were no version three of anything.

Filemaker, for example, was FileMaker, FileMaker Plus, FileMaker II, Filemaker IV then FileMaker Pro before the version numbers repeated - this was before Apple Bought it and used it to develop the Claris division (a spin-off that never spun). Uh... I was an early adopter.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro