It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Text Size

VE Special Edition PLUS Sax Articulations In Sibelus

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis, Frodo

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.

VE Special Edition PLUS Sax Articulations In Sibelus

Postby leigh » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51 pm

I'm making a mockup that uses tenor sax. I tried my Garritan JABB 3.0 tenor but it's lacking, to say the least. I have the VE Special Edition PLUS so I thought I'd try the tenor from it but I can't get the articulations to work.

I'm using Sibelius 8.6.1 and Vienna Ensemble 5.4 15962. In Sibelius I'm using the VE Special Edition Sound Set.

Here's the notation in Sibelius (using treble clef):

When it plays back the tenor part, the matrix stays set to 'sus' in a red cell until it gets to the staccato notes where it correctly switches to the 'rSta' blue cell. I'm guessing that the red cells mean that the library doesn't contain those articulations. I can't figure out how to get Sibelius to use the 'rLe' blue cell.

Here are the VE settings:

The VE SE documentation hasn't been able to help me understand what's going on here. Can anybody suggest a way to make this work or a place to look for the answer? Is there a decent (for mockups) saxophone library that's not $300?

Thanks.

**Leigh
Equality without conformity. — Kim Stanley Robinson

iMac 3.4 GHz/i7, 24GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.12.6, DP 9.5
VE Pro 6, VSL, Falcon 1.3.0, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Garritan, Izotope RX 4 Advanced, Sibelius 8.6.1, Metric Halo ULN-8, ULN-2-2D & 2882-2D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
leigh

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: VE Special Edition PLUS Sax Articulations In Sibelus

Postby terrybritton » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:07 am

Well, it is not a library, but it is a very good sax emulator that might work for you, and since they are ceasing development, they are selling SaxLab rather cheaply now ($49). I'm talking about LinPlug's SaxLab: http://linplug.com/

Terry
Computer: Dell XPS 8700-1751BLK | Intel Haswell Core i7 4790@3.6Mhz | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Windows 10 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid- USB

DAWs and Live: MOTU Digital Performer 9.1.3 | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite | Cantabile 3 Performer
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88, Akai MPK249, Behringer BCF2000; NI Maschine Jam; Peavey PC 1600x
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Lexicon LXP-5

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/terryleighbritton
terrybritton

Primary DAW OS: Windows

Return to Composing, Orchestrating, Songwriting, etc.