828es Sample rate

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
ShinaiKun
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828es Sample rate

Post by ShinaiKun »

Listen, I've heard about MOTU's drivers being unstable, but this is preventing me from working properly.
Every time I open up my DAW (doesn't really matter which, but main one is Studio One) it supposedly resets the ASIO driver for a second, which drives my MOTU into the "other" sample rate I use. (If it was 44k it changes to 48k, and vice versa).
In reality, inside the DAW it shows the interface is on 44k but is physically on 48k, or vice versa.

Trying to aggressively change the sample rate will get it stuck on the right one, but won't let me play any audio.
I work on both sample rates sometimes and I can't get •••• done like that.

We're talking Win10 64bit pc, connected via USB.
I tried several things like coordinating the windows shared sample rates in the audio devices and recording tabs, but it has no impact. Same for exclusive mode. Also tried using VOICEMEETER as a sound device and completely disabling everything else.

It just keeps on pushing the card into the "right" sample rate (which is the wrong one).

Anybody else experience anything similar? :surrender:
Vinz Clortho
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828es Sample rate

Post by Vinz Clortho »

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution? Or find the right driver?
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: 828es Sample rate

Post by CharlzS »

Are you using the 828 for Playback and Recording in the Sound Control Panel? Try using the computers onboard audio for that.
DP 11.3 PT 2023.12 NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
DP 11.3 PT 2023.12 MOTU M4 on 2023 MacBook Air Sonoma
DP 11.3 PT 2023.12 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV VEP 7.x with various VIs on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11