8pre Firewire in Windows 10

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
impact07
Primary DAW OS: Windows

8pre Firewire in Windows 10

Post by impact07 »

Hi all. I am at a loss here. I recently upgraded my recording computer to Windows 10. I have installed the latest drivers, etc. My 8pre and 828 no longer work at all. I have been back and forth with Dave at MOTU, I have the right FW card (SIIG w TI Chipset). Has anyone had any success with this combination? Is there a trick I am missing? Would be very grateful to be able to use my equipment again.

Thanks.
emmrecs
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: 8pre Firewire in Windows 10

Post by emmrecs »

Hi. Sorry for the late reply but I've only just seen your post.

Yes, I have the 8Pre FW version running very successfully on my machine, Win 10 Pro, 1709, i7 6700K CPU, 32 GB RAM. I should add the 8 Pre functions as my only audio interface (I will not use the on-board Windows Audio) so am dependent on this unit and, apart from initial switch-on (when it sometimes wants to function as a "Convertor" rather than an "Interface") simply switching it off and then back on again usually sorts out its confusion.

What problems are you experiencing? I notice you say you have both the 8 Pre and 828? Does either of them work if the other is "removed"? I believe the 828 is now a "Legacy" product. Could it be "preventing" the 8 Pre working properly?

Sorry to not be able to offer any concrete advice/suggestions.

Jeff