Mic/Instr inputs are connected direct to outputs

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Demious
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Mic/Instr inputs are connected direct to outputs

Post by Demious »

Recently I've build a new PC for my music, but since I connected my MOTU 828mk3, which has been in use with my old Mac G5 before this, I'm having some routing problems.
The mic/Instr inputs are connected direct to the monitoring outputs (analog jacks 1-2), so I'm not only hearing the monitoring sound from my DAW, but this gets combined with the clean input sound from the front panel input.
This problem doesnt happen with the main and phones output on the front panel, there I only get the monitoring sound from my DAW, this happens only with the outputs jacks in the back.

Can someone please tell me how to disconnect the direct connection from the front panel inputs to the back panel jack outputs?

Cheers!
Maarten
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mic/Instr inputs are connected direct to outputs

Post by HCMarkus »

Review the 828 Manual section on CueMix, the built-in hardware mixer. You have the mic/line inputs routed for direct monitoring. You can fix this using the CueMix software or from the 828's front panel.
Demious
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Demious »

I already had been looking through the manual, but didnt really know what key-words to search for. On a second attempt, looking more focused for 'direct monitoring' I found several items that talk about direct monitoring, but non that explains how to turn it on or off...
I did, however, find some extra key-words to google with and found an article with a more direct approach about operating the function and I got it fixed now.
I bet its my autism, but I think I'm having a hard time connecting the logic of the CueMix interface to my personal logic. Now I've found it, it's an "Oh, of course!.." I've had this problem with other software as well, I'm looking at the interface and it almost like my brain doesnt process what I'm looking at, while other programs, a quick glance over the interface and I got it.

But anyways, the problem is solved! :D
Thanks, HCMarkus!
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Good news! :D